In today’s episode, I’ve interviewed Alice from Paris-Bourke. When Alice and her family arrived in Australia they lived in the outback for two years. What an adventure it was! Find out more about this little-known lifestyle and its challenges.
Alice is also a young crafty mum who designs beautiful games and toys for her children. She is the creator and maker of The Map Game, which has an Australian and a French edition and which you can try and buy at Paris to Provence (Melbourne French Festival) – or online.
It’s time to get inspired, get creative and get playful!
[05 min 55 sec] A bank holiday in Victoria
[07 min 42 sec] Common points between Alice and Myself
[09 min 24 sec] Life in the outback: a description
[11 min 18 sec] Integration and life in Cobar
[13 min 35 sec] After Cobar
[14 min 50 sec] Birth of Paris-Bourke
[15 min 38 sec] The Map Game
[18 min 16 sec] How the game is made
[20 min 10 sec] A website about crafting beautiful toys
[23 min 37 sec] Meet the Paris-Bourke family!
[24 min 37 sec] Languages spoken at home
[26 min 35 sec] Melbourne French Festival
[28 min 10 sec] The benefits of playing games
Links & Resources
- Website : http://parisbourke.com
- Instagram : http://instagram.com/parisbourke
- The Map Game is now also available in this store!
SHOP 5 / 50 BOURKE STREET (cnr Liverpool St)
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
- Melbourne French Festival: http://www.paristoprovence.com.au
- French Voices episode 25: Caramelicious, Award-Winning Salted Caramel: http://www.frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode25
- French Voices episode 5: Choukette – A Traditional French Patisserie in Melbourne: http://www.frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode5
- French Voices episode 10: http://frenchyourway.com.au/fv-010-pop-up-crepes-a-delicious-growing-adventure: http://www.frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode10
- French Voices episode 15: Paris to Provence, Melbourne’s biggest French Festival : www.frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode15
Did you like this podcast? You can support my work by leaving a review on iTunes. Your kind words warm my heart and also help me be found by more passionate learners of French. Merci beaucoup!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and never miss a new episode!
Photos: Courtesy of Paris-Bourke