In the last 2 episodes of French Voices, guest Jean-Benoît talked about his experience as an airline pilot. When we recorded the interview, he was working with his wife Julie to set up a very special business, Hannahpad. Now, Hannahpad products are exclusively used by women but this is not a female only episode! Proof is, Jean-Benoît is a man and the brand Hannahpad itself was originally created by a man too. So, stay tuned! Hannahpad sells washable sanitary pads made from organic cotton. Why would anyone go through the trouble of washing their pads when the supermarket ones make our lives so convenient? By the way, is this that much of a trouble to wash? How did the idea originate? Find out more in this episode!
An inspirational message about passion
99% thinking, 1% doing
How the opportunity came
Hannahpad’s sell points
Who is interested in Hannahpad products
Awareness and change of lifestyle
How Hannahpad was born
A family business!
A successful start
An inconclusive initial market study
Challenges when building the business
Where to find Hannahpad products
biologique = organic
bohème = bohemian lifestyle
chronophage = time-consuming
comptabilité (nf) = accountancy
congé sans solde (nm) = unpaid leave
coût en amont (nm) = upfront cost
déchet (nm) = waste
douleur (nf) = pain
échantillon (nm) = sample
être à son compte = to be self-employed
être en congé = to be on leave
faire/passer une commande = to place an order
frais de port (nm) = shipping fee
lavable = washable
prendre sa retraite = to retire
protège-slip (nm) = (panty) liner
sain,e = healthy
savon (nm) = soap
serviette hygiénique (nf) = sanitary pad
VRP = sales representative
- (Part 2) What are the 3 main selling points for Hannahpad products?
- (Part 3) Who created Hannahpad and why?
- (Part 3) What happened on March 30th? (2 answers)
- They are good for your health (no chemicals).
They are ecological (zero waste)
They are economical (but with upfront cost)
- Mr Jang, a Korean man, to help relieve his wife from menstrual pain.
- Hannahpad France received its business number certificate. It was the birthday of our guest’s wife (who is the head of Hannahpad France)
Links & Resources
- Hannapad (France) : http://www.hannahpad.fr
- YouTube : Tampon, notre ennemi intime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odx7YJsen44
- Episode 67 : “Mademoiselle Organic: DIY your own skin care and beauty products”: frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode67
- Episode 70: “Life of an airline pilot (Part 1): frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode70
- Episode 71: “Life of an airline pilot (Part 2): www.frenchvoicespodcast.com/episode71
Did you like this podcast? You can support my work by leaving a review on iTunes. Your kind words warm my heart and also help me be found by more passionate learners of French. Merci beaucoup!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and never miss a new episode!