You may want to speak to your little one in French, either because you’re are in a mixed relationship with a French-speaking partner, or simply because you love French language and you want your child to be exposed to it! Here are some great French books for babies that I love reading with my daughter. There are so many talented new authors and beautiful books I haven’t read yet, I’m sticking to books from newborn to toddler for now. So here are my personal recommendations for fun, animated, beautiful, sound or touch and feel picture books and for classic heroes that every French child knows!
For my presentation of French books for babies / toddlers, check out my video:
Vocabulary and Spelling of the French Words mentioned in this episode
- Un imagier = a picture book
- Un vide-grenier = a garage sale
- Un abonnement: a subscription
- “au dodo!” (Thierry Bedouet; Milan)
- Collection Kididoc, Editions Nathan
- Very sturdy (from 6 months or younger), high quality and animated
- Mon imagier de la nuit
- Mon imagier des contraires
- Mon imagier des animaux familiers
- Bonjour petit oiseau !
- Fleurus, Collection L’imagerie des bébés
- “Les couleurs”, “Le corps”. “Les fruits”, “La nature”, etc
- Mon grand imagier à toucher (Ed. Milan):
- Talking books:
- Les Couleurs (Hatier Jeunesse):
- (also: “Les mots magiques”, Les mots câlins”, etc.)
- Regarde dans la mer (Editions Nathan, collection Petit Nathan)
- Regarde comme je t’aime (Editions Nathan, collection Petit Nathan)
- Ecoute dans la nuit (Editions Nathan, collection Petit Nathan)
- Un abécédaire = alphabet book
- Mon premier abécédaire imagidoux
- Petit Ours Brun (Bayard Jeunesse)
- Petit Ours Brun a un bobo
- Petit Ours Brun Prend Le Train
- Petit Ours Brun au bac à sable
- Petit Ours Brun Achète Le Pain
- Petit Ours Brun Aime Sa Maman
- T’choupi (Ed. Nathan, Thierry Courtin)
- T’Choupi S’Habille Tout Seul:
- T’choupi Fait une Surprise A Maman
- P’tit Loup (Ed. Nathan. Orianne Lallemand & Eleonore Thuillier)
- P’tit Loup va sur le Pot
- Bayard Presse , Milan Presse
- Popi, Picoti, Tralalire, Pomme d’Api etc
LINKS and RESOURCES
- Check my video here: frenchyourway.com.au/frenchbooksforbabies
- My recommended Reading List: http://frenchyourway.com.au/recommended-french-reading-list
- Episode 100 of French Your Way Podcast: “Celebrating Episode #100!! Take the quiz and win a French lesson with me!!“
- French Voices, Episode 22 : Marie Aubinais, the Author of “Petit Ours Brun” stories for French Children
- French Voices, Episode 13: Hitting the Road with French Books on Wheels
- Bayard-Milan subcriptions For Australia and NZ
Please note that the links on this page are affiliate links and I earn a small income at no extra cost to you if you decide to go through those links. Merci!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the side or bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!