Learn French By Podcast For Free!
The aim of French Voices podcast is to help you improve your French listening skills through interesting and ever changing content. You will meet some fascinating native French people I’ve interviewed about their work, passion or lifestyle.
We all have our own voices and accents, so this is great language exposure for you. You will hear authentic French, spoken naturally at normal speed, without over articulating. It may be daunting at first, but at the start of each episode I give you an introduction in English to help you understand the context and the theme of the discussion. I also give you a selection of vocabulary words which you will hear – so that hear them before and don’t require any notes.
French Voices podcast was created with French students with upper-intermediate or advanced listening skills in French in mind, to provide exposure to naturally spoken French. But feel free to have a go even if you are more of a beginner, just looking to train your ear. Welcome to you all, I hope each one of you will get something out of each episode of French Voices.
Download the Free PDFs and Study French at Your Own Pace
You can subscribe to French Voices podcast on your smartphone and listen to the mp3 while out and about or directly on the website.
Additionally, you’ll have access to the full transcript of the interview and a list of the specific/tricky vocab for the episode in the show notes. And last but not least, I have designed questions with 2 levels of difficulty so you can go the extra mile and test your comprehension in French!
How to Use French Voices Podcast
For an audio introduction about French Voices podcast, listen to my episode zero.
The interviews can be quite long, usually around 25 minutes: I have interviewed passionate people and it would be impossible to share their story with you in less time! Don’t let that deter you! A timeline of the interviews in the show notes cuts the interviews into more bite-size sections to allow you to chew on the content more easily.
The following are only suggestions to help you make the most of the French Voices Podcast. Feel free to make any change and to share with us in the comment section what is the most efficient method for you!
Enjoy French Voices Podcast your way!
Upper-Intermediate / Advanced Learner
- Listen to the full podcast without pausing. (You can skip this part if you feel it is too difficult to focus your attention for the full duration of the episode.)
You can use the episode timeline in the show notes as an extra help to follow what is being said.
- Read the questions related to the first section of the podcast.
- Play this first section once or twice, taking notes if you need to. Try to answer the questions.
- Check your answers.
- You can choose to replay the first section and follow the transcript at the same time if you think you need to. It’s better if you can understand most of the section before moving to the next one (but don’t try to understand everything).
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 for each section of the interview. Take a break whenever you get tired!
- Use the transcript to help you while you are listening and focus on the pronunciation and rhythm of the voices. Don’t hesitate to play a same portion multiple times until you feel that your ear “tunes” to the accent you hear.
- Don’t try to understand everything! See what keywords you recognize or which ones could be a useful addition to your vocabulary.
How to subscribe to receive the latest episodes.
- Instructions for iPhone / iPad / iPhone.
- Instructions for Android phones
If you’re having trouble, don’t hesitate to send me an email directly and I will do my best to help you out.
Liking French Voices? Please review it! Your support means a lot!
If you enjoyed listening to the episodes and studying French with the questions and learning material, please leave a review on iTunes : it can go a long way in helping others students discover French Voices podcast as well.
Merci beaucoup! Enjoy your episodes of French Voices! 🙂