Do you feel overwhelmed by the subtleties and many exceptions of the French language? That you’re plateauing and keep making the same mistakes? Or that you’re putting words together and crossing fingers to be understood because you can’t fully grasp the logic of the language?
What are French Grammar Clinic workshops?
- An opportunity to increase your confidence in French by brushing up and strengthening your French grammar foundations with me.
We’ll take a close look at how the French language works so you truly understand the rules behind the order of the words, the choice of pronouns, the agreements, the use of the different tenses, etc…
You may find that you’ll stop making grammar mistakes you used to make all the time because you’ll finally understand WHY you made them.
- Live, interactive sessions on Zoom.
This means you can ask me your questions (relevant to the workshop’s topic).
This is a safe, friendly-people-only event 😉
- Work on formal grammar through examples and exercises related to the topic of the day.
Dictée and Analyse Grammaticale are two examples of typically French exercises I used to do weekly throughout primary and secondary school.
While some of my fellow classmates hated it, I believe they were tremendously helpful to get strong grammar and spelling skills and to understand more easily how sentence structures work.
I’ve then applied these skills to understand French and the other foreign languages I studied: English, Italian, Latin, German, Russian and Mandarin Chinese.
Put yourself to the test with the free dictations you’ll find in the related links at the end of this page!
Who is the French Grammar Clinic for?
- If you enjoy my teaching style and explanations in French Your Way Podcast, chances are you’ll love working in the Grammar Clinic together too! 😊
You know how curious I am about how the language works. In my French Your Way Podcast, I not only investigate about the origin of French words and expressions; I also always strive to explain grammar in the simplest, most memorable way possible to help you.
Breaking down a language into its simplest elements and understanding how it work, how the “pieces” fit together is so fascinating! This is part of the way I teach and definitely something I want to share this passion with you!
- You’re motivated and willing to be curious about the French language
You may – or may not – find the exercise easy… at first. Every new skill takes practice!
Relax, ENJOY the experience. Notice how you may start thinking differently and more logically about how words go together. Again, this is an opportunity for you to reflect on the structure of a language and more confident with your French!
Check the level/pre-requisites for each workshop as it may vary according to the grammatical aspect we’ll focus on.
How it works
- Go to my upcoming events page to find out when the next French Grammar Clinic workshops will be.
Each workshop has a topic (i.e we’ll brush up a specific grammatical aspect), so check the level/pre-requisites for each workshop as it may vary.
- When you register, you get the link and password to attend the live session.
If you’re in Australia, contact me for price and payment in AUD.
- After the workshop, you’ll receive:
- the worksheet (so you can practice again and see whether you’ve improved!)
- a link with the replay of the session. (This is also a good option if you can’t attend.)
About how long does each session last?
About 60-90 minutes.
I can see there are 2 sessions scheduled for a same workshop. Do I need to attend both sessions?
No, you only choose one. I’m trying to accommodate different time zones by scheduling two dates but the content will be the same!
I can’t attend the workshop. Can I get access to the replay?
You can! Enrol in the workshop as you would normally do if you could attend and you’ll receive the link to access the replay AND the worksheet with the answers after the workshop.
What other students said about the Clinic
“This clinic was tremendously helpful and fun! The time flew by (not like the dreaded grammar classes I remember from school), and I learned a lot. I felt the class was a great value, and I would definitely recommend.”
“I think that it is a good intermediate level, in that assumes a basic knowledge, but helps to consolidate the existing knowledge with more challenging examples and explanations.”
“The clinic was a great length and format to get some French grammar practice and clarification. I will definitely look forward to more.”
“Jessica is a wonderful French teacher, very approachable and her methods make learning a language easy and without stress.”
Wait! Do you find the word “GRAMMAR” scary??!
I know that this word may trigger all sort of allergic reactions, which is why I wrote an article where I explain the benefits of understanding grammar, including:
- Learning faster
- Using a dictionary properly (You’ll avoid embarrassing mistakes, trust me!!)
- Being able to proofread yourself and correct your own mistakes
- Understanding a different culture / way of thinking by studying its language
(You can also listen to the audio version, in episode 61 of French Your Way Podcast.)
As always, I am putting this all together for you with a lot of love, time and care. I am looking forward to seeing you at the French Grammar Clinic!
And of course, don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any question 😉
Jessica, your French Grammar Doctor
- Put yourself to the test with these French dictations!
- Download my free proofreading worksheet:
- Introduction to French Grammar: What Type of Word is This? (with free downloadable notes and exercises)