In this special 2-part interview, you’ll hear me talk with my uncle Sébastien! I heard that he was changing career and had become passionate about EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). That was enough to trigger my curiosity and want to find out more about the story behind this change, and more about what EFT is about. Emotional Freedom Technique, which belongs to the field of energetic psychology, is an alternative treatment / form of counselling for both physical and emotional pain. It is said to be very efficient to help with anxiety, trauma, phobias. Many different techniques can apply to treat a patient with EFT, including tapping (stimulating meridians on our body to send new signals to our brain), hypnosis, NeuroLinguistic Programming, and much more. Listen to find out whether EFT is spiritual or scientifically proven!
You’re about to hear the first hour of a fascinating 2.5 hour conversation I had with Sébastien on the phone on a Sunday evening. You’ll get acquainted a little bit with some of our family members. Off recording, we then talked about the needle phobia I’m suffering from and which is being an issue during my pregnancy. Therefore I am open to trying different techniques to try to get it more under control and be better prepared for the big day of the birth! Wish me luck! 😉
aiguille (nf) = needle
boîter = to limp
bouche à oreille (nm) = word of mouth
douleur (nf) = pain
en avoir plein le dos = to be sick to the back teeth, to be fed up
enseigner = to teach
être à la traîne = to be behind
filer = to dash, to dash off, to fly, to run
filer (fam.) = to give, to lend, to slip
formation (nf) = training
se résumer à = to come down to, to be limited to
talon (nm) = heel
trébucher = to trip over, to stumble
- Name the titles of the 2 books my uncle first went to buy to learn about EFT.
- Why was my uncle actually suffering from a pain in his heel?
- Why are scientific studies and evidence so recent?
- What are the 3 factors/things which drive us as humans?
- “L’EFT pour les Nuls” (= EFT for Dummies) and “Le Petit Livre de l’EFT”
- It symbolised his anger/grievances at his boss.
- MRI / Medical imagery, reading which parts of the brain activate are relatively new. Plus, the protocol to publish new studies is quite long (about 7 years)
- We are driven by our emotions/feelings, our thoughts and our behaviour
Did you like this podcast? You can support my work by leaving a review on iTunes. Your kind words warm my heart and also help me be found by more passionate learners of French. Merci beaucoup!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and never miss a new episode!