This episode is a face to face interview with my very good friend Emilie. She has a full time job in a Melbourne office but paints in her spare time (with her cat!) and exhibits her work. I’ve seen her apartment gradually becoming an art studio, canvases starting to invade every room and her style change over a short period of time too. Emilie will explain what type of paint she uses and the techniques she’s experimenting with. We’ll also try to define her style and discuss about how she knows whether a painting is finished, and how she comes with their names. Emilie will also tell you where you can see her work (whether you live in Melbourne or not)…and we’ll finish with one of those projects she had kept a secret until it was out: she’s also published a short and fun book!
[06 min 08 sec] How Emilie and I met
[08 min 22 sec] What’s an echidna?
[09 min 30 sec] When Emilie started painting
[10 min 57 sec] Type of paint / technique used
[13 min 32 sec] Experimenting with a new technique
[15 min 03 sec] How to decide when a painting is finished
[17 min 15 sec] Emilie’s painting style
[19 min 32 sec] Géraldine
[20 min 35 sec] Choosing the title/name of a painting
[22 min 58 sec] How to find where to exhibit your work
[24 min 40 sec] Upcoming exhibition: Emerging Art Australia
[27 min 16 sec] Upcoming exhibition: RAW Artist
[29 min 33 sec] Where to see Emilie’s paintings
[31 min 00 sec] Emilie’s book
Links & Resources
- Website: https://emilieheurteventart.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emilieheurteventart/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/em_i_li_e
- ArtFinder: https://www.artfinder.com/emilie-heurtevent
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmilieHeurteventArt
- Emerging Art Australia, at Inner Space Gallery (Prahran), 04/08/2016 to 17/08/2016 (opening night on the 04/08/2016, 6.30pm):
- RAW, Reveal, at Melbourne Pavilion (Flemington), 12/08/2016 at 7pm: https://www.rawartists.org/melbourne
Emilie’s book “Emma la tête en bas”
Did you like this podcast? You can support my work by leaving a review on iTunes. Your kind words warm my heart and also help me be found by more passionate learners of French. Merci beaucoup!
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and never miss a new episode!