For this special episode, I offer to go back and refresh what you’ve learnt over all the time we’ve spent together! (if you’ve only started to listen to this podcast recently, don’t worry!) I’ve prepared a quiz of 15 questions which you can find in the shownotes below and that includes the number of the episode I refer to for each question. I hope you’ll enjoy testing yourself. Most of all, I hope that you’ll realise how much you’ve learnt and – hopefully- improved too! In order to reward you for your efforts, you can win a French lesson with me! Email me your answers to this quiz at jessica [at] frenchyourway.com.au before Monday 16th January 2017 at midnight Greenwich time (London time). The answers to this quiz will be given in episode 102 of this podcast and I’ll also announce the winner! So, let’s brush up your French together!! Bonne chance! Good luck!
Vocabulary and Spelling of the French Words mentioned in this episode
- How do you translate in French: “He slept for 6 hours” ? (ep2)
- True or false ? If I ask you “comment ça va?”, a possible answer to this question is “je suis ça va” (ep5)
- What does “monnaie” mean in French? (ep8)
- What’s the difference between “un verre à moutarde” and “un verre de moutarde”? (ep15)
- Fill the blank using “qui” or “que” : Je lis un roman _____ s’appelle “Madame Bovary” (ep19)
- What’s the origin of the word “copain” ? (ep27)
- Are the following words masculine or feminine? Confiance – Jardinet (ep33)
- Which expression means that you’re a good gardener? “Tu as la main verte” or “Tu te mets au vert” ? (ep43)
- If your alarm clock displays “00.30”, what time is it (in standard oral time)? (ep49)
- Do you conjugate the French verb “dormir” like “partir” or “finir”? (ep58)
- Why do I recommend reading tales in French ? (ep 66)
- When driving in France, do you take a roundabout in the clockwise or anticlockwise direction? (ep75)
- Fill the blank using “deuxième” or “seconde”: “J’ai trois robes: la première est rouge, la ________ est blanche et la troisième est noire” (ep82)
- True or false? “savoir” and “connaitre” have no difference in meaning. (ep92)
- How will you translate the word “busy” in the sentence “I live in a very busy street”? (ep 93)
LINKS and RESOURCES
- FYW 002 : “For” (+ duration): Avoid Saying “Pour” if Possible! : https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast2
- FYW 005 : “Ca va?” – How to Reply (and How to NOT Reply!!) to this Seemingly Basic Question: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast5
- FYW 008 : Monnaie vs Money : https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast8
- FYW 015 : Wine Glass or Glass of Wine https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast15
- FYW 019 : Easy Tips on when to use Qui and Que: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast19
- FYW 027 : Learn the different words for “Friend” in French: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast27
- FYW 033 : How to Tell if a French Noun is Masculine or Feminine (Part 2): https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast33
- FYW 043 : French Expressions With Colours : https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast43
- FYW 049 : “Minuit moins cinq” or “Zéro heure moins cinq” : https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast49
- FYW 058 : How to Conjugate French Verbs in –IR Without Losing Your Mind: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast58
- FYW 066 : Reading French Books: Where to Start? – https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast66
- FYW 075 : France Travel Tips (PART 3): Driving – https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast75
- FYW 082 : The Difference Between Deuxième and Second in French: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast82
- FYW 092 : The difference between SAVOIR and CONNAITRE: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast92
- FYW 093 : The different translations for BUSY in French: https://frenchyourway.com.au/podcast93
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the side or bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!